a S'mores and Buřty Night (pronounced with a rolled r and a g sound combined---Burrghty) held at the home of our school chaplain and counselor- Bill and Lori Gregory! Over a campfire, we made American S'mores and Czech Buřty sausage, which is eaten with bread and mustard. Sorry I didn't get any pictures of that....
But what I DID get a picture of was our accompanying celebration of Jeff Nevels' retirement from the United States Navy! He and his wife, Sue, are also new workers at the Christian International School of Prague. Although they have been here for about two weeks, he officially retired today. He will be the business manager and she will work with ELL (English Language Learners-- a big deal in an international school, you can imagine!). We are so thankful they are here!
Thank you for your service to our country, Jeff and Sue, and now thank you for being here to serve at our school!!
School starts on the 8th and I'm getting excited as I plan lessons!
No comments:
Post a Comment