The word of God through Jeremiah to Jerusalem-- "What fault did your fathers find in Me that they went so far from Me, followed worthless idols, and became worthless themselves?" ch. 2 vs. 5
This verse convicts me today. There are so many excuses I make for little, seemingly harmless obsessions, but I know in my gut I am just seeking satisfaction in these things instead of in the love of God. And then I go to God's word and it confirms...'yes these things are worthless. Find your worth in God and stop wasting precious time on vain things that borderline on sin and lust.'
A pRaIsE to God----Michelle Nietfeld, my fellow GCC 2010 grad and the new MS English teacher at CISP has arrived!! Her financial support came in and she is here finally. She is one of my roommates-apartmentmates-flatmates....whatever you want to call it :) Yesterday she and I went to tour the 'castle quarter' and really enjoyed exploring the library at Strahov Monastery.
Oh joy:) This is the Theological Hall (I'm going to show those awesome globes to my geography students) and a Bible...oh I wish I recorded what the date of this Bible was...in general the dates were medieval. Can you tell what the scenes in the illustration are?
can you tell now? (Creation of Eve-- cool, eh?)
Here's a photo from two weekends ago- CISP family fun day! These students had to follow a clue to find me at Strahov Stadium, and then I gave them a clue to find the next staff member. After three clues, we ended up at the location for our school picnic with all the other teams. :)
2 comments:
Oh wow, that library *is* incredible!!! Enjoyed the update as always. :)
What incredible illuminated manuscripts! Good to bring this library to your geography students as you are planning to do.
Post a Comment