The time is soon approaching when I will be off to the Czech Republic to prepare for the school year at the Christian International School of Prague. New teacher orientation starts August 19, and school starts September 8! It is hard to believe that the time is flown so quickly and I will be there before I know it!
I want to thank you for your prayers. Praise the Lord, he has provided abundantly for my financial support, which is one of the crucial factors enabling me to go and minister there. The only factor which is not in place yet is my long-term visa to stay in the Czech Republic. Thankfully, this process with the Czech Consulate is not typically complicated, yet it is a process that takes time. This past week, I have been in contact with the Czech Consulate via phone and email to see if my visa will be available soon.
Right now I am trying to figure out if I could enter the country as a tourist and then apply for a visa through a Czech embassy in another European country. Please pray for clarity and for me to be on my way in a short time. I hope to be there soon, before the end of the month.
I have received a unit schedule for three history classes I will be teaching: 6th Grade Western World Geography, 7th grade Eastern World Geography, and 8th grade Ancient History. I am excited about teaching! Please pray that the Lord would give me wisdom to establish a good, serious atmosphere of learning in my classroom, so that as the year progresses, I can be an effective teacher and a trustworthy light for Jesus to my students. School starts September 8.
I am thankful that God has given me the opportunity to spend time with friends and family while waiting to go. Here I am with my sister, Johanna. On my family’s way home from Maine recently, we stopped at the Quechee Gorge in Vermont for a few minutes to enjoy the view:
This week I am busy packing clothes, teaching supplies, and other things to prepare for my departure!
May the Lord bless you this week! Thank you again for joining me in ministry. Please let me know if you have any prayer needs.
In Christ’s service,
Kate Suffern
No comments:
Post a Comment